Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weekend away, remodeling update, househunting!!

Let's see, I'm still not into the everyday, or even every few days, posting so I have a lot to tell but I'm also in a hurry so I'll be brief.
Tim and I got away by ourselves this past weekend for a free time up in Pennyslvania, the first full weekend away together! Tim's parents watched our kids and they all had a great time. We were spoiled by having yummy food prepared and cleaned up for us at every meal. My kind of vacation! We also got to see sap being cooked into maple syrup, which is a very fond memory for me from my childhood. Very peaceful, relaxing weekend!

Our place is coming together. We have new flooring in the kitchen, bathrooms, and shower area. The bathrooms have new vanities, countertops, faucets, and medicine cabinets. We still need to paint and caulk and then the bathrooms will be so beautiful!!! I'm already in love with the new look even though they aren't finished yet. We have ordered new windows for the bedrooms and a new countertop for the kitchen.

Tomorrow Tim's mom and I will go see some places for sale. The first one is a single-family house with 5 bedrooms and a one car garage. The kitchen in this house is gorgeous, and there is a fireplace in the living room. I can't wait to see this one!! We will also see 3 or 4 other places. I'm so excited!!! We hope to have our place on the market in about 3 weeks so we figured we need to get more ideas of what is out there in our price range. I'll try to update within the next few days of the places we see.

Off to pick up Joe Corbi pizzas from the kids' school.

1 comment:

  1. They just opened an IHOP in Vermont. It is the ONLY IHOP in the USA to serve "real" maple syrup alongside its, um, faux maple syrup. I always think of you when I hear about "real maple syrup." :) (Hey, I suppose there are much worse things to be associated with, right?!)

    ReplyDelete