Saturday, February 14, 2009

A trip to the ER

The call you never want to get when your child is at someone else's house - Shannon cut her head tonight so we met them at the ER. Luckily it was minor and they only used glue to close it. The wound was about an inch long but wasn't very deep. We got there about 9:30pm and left at 11pm. Not too bad of a wait and Shannon was quite brave. Phew, I'm so glad it wasn't something major, but still, that mama feeling of knowing your child is hurt but not being there to help her! ugh!

2 comments:

  1. What is it with your kids & cracking their heads? :) At least it's always been fairly minor. We're starting the THIRD WEEK of Kevin having a broken foot. I sort of feel we have a "routine" now. Or, I should say, *I* have a routine, since it's ALL ME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why they keep bonking their heads. They have each done it twice so I'm glad it's not more frequent!
    I'm glad you have figured out a routine for yourself. I hope you get to take a small vacation by yourself after his foot heals!

    ReplyDelete